Thursday, 26 February 2015

"X marks the spot"

There is no suburb in Sydney starting with an “X”, so I was at a loss as to where to go until it dawned on me that “X marks the spot”.  

Therefore the only logical place to go was to a map shop. All the ones in the Sydney CBD have closed (or gone online) and so it was to the wonderful Map Centre at Parramatta that I turned to help me map out a plan of action to find myself a treasure map.

Decked myself out in my gold and gold coins, as well as the earrings I bought at the Hamlin Shop on Monday that were made from melted down artillery shells.

My niece's “Alphabetical Sydney” book confirmed that I had made the right choice, and armed with her hand drawn map Nellie and I safely navigated our way to the Map Centre (and to Harry’s Café de Wheels across the road).

Nellie checked their maps of the Caribbean but could find no “X” marked on any of them. Settled for a map of Sydney to mark where I have been, and a compact map of New Zealand where I am going.


On the way back through Parramatta Westfield we spotted some pirate loot in the discount store, perhaps we found a treasure map after all?

X?

No comments:

Post a Comment