What a shame this isn't a spoken word blog or I could get away with a whole lot of words starting with a "C" or a "Q" - I can't describe everything as Kooky.
Just made the bus stop in time to Climb on board to Penshurst, and then a train Carriage to Kogarah. First stop Christopher's Cake Shop. Just when I thought that all I would find to eat today was a Kids Meal (unless I found a Kangaroo steak somewhere) I was spoilt for choice with their Greek biscuits. Two was enough of a sugar rush, so I left the Koulourakia, Cacao Kourambiedes, Kalo Brama Cake, Karithopita Cake and (Italian) Hazelnut Kiss for another visit and settled for a Kataifi and a Kourambiedes with my Cappuccino.
So full of energy I headed to Station Street to the small Clump of shops on that side of the station. Stylo Fashions apparently stocks salwar Kameez and Kurti along with saris. Back over the station, and a wander east down Railway Parade and back including a Quick look in the post office and Japanese discount store and it was time for lunch at Kaimaki Cafe. Bless the Greeks, a most delicious Lamb Burger Kofta and salad for lunch.
Thus fortified I Came across the usual Kangaroo and Koala souvenirs at the discount stores (no Kookaburras though). Passed a Quirky building Complete with tower and weathervane (I wonder if it was the old post office?) and a rainbow of buildings. There was indeed a rainbow of fabrics inside Rainbow Fabrics, as well as a rainbow of laces, braids and buttons.
Found a lovely gift shop in Belgrave Street, and while my feet were sore they didn't yet require medical attention so I skipped a visit to the hospital Corridors and headed back towards the train. It was such a hot day that I almost stayed in the shade on the western side of the street, but I thought it would be rude not to Cross over and have a quick look in My Emporium. I am so glad I did.
Not only does My Emporium have a really lovely range of Clothes, jewellery and gifts, but the Kind staff Complimented me on my handbag, my hat and my Colour Co-ordinated earings. They then Kindly listened to me Carry on talking about my Kooky holiday, Quizzing me about what I had found in Kogarah, which suburbs I was going to next, which was the friendliest suburb (for the record they have tied with the lovely lady in Moon Rider Gift Shop in Jannali so far).
Kogarah Kindness


No comments:
Post a Comment