I put up the "Out To Lunch" sign, and Off I headed, Opal card in hand, to climb Onboard the Omnibus to Penshurst to get On board the train for Only two stops until Oatley.
A coffee and an Orange almond cake at Scrummies was the first Order of business.
Wandered Over the road to the Post Office, then looked Over the gifts in the pharmacy, the magazines in the newsagents, the beautiful fabrics in Oatley Crafts, as well as Ogling the accessories in a couple of boutiques. Then I was Overwhelmed by the range of CC Resorts shoes in Sami's Shoe Repairs. These used to be called Cloud Comfort shoes, and believe me they are just that. I was very restrained and Only got two pairs.
Last stop was Oatley Ovens which was established in the 1950s for One Of their award winning pies. A real Old fashioned bakery that has been handing down the recipes from One generation to the next.
Time at last to head Off home, but with school just Out it was a little Overcrowded on the train and Omnibus, but certainly nothing to take the Overall shine Off the day.
Outstanding Oatley Outing



How was the Pie?
ReplyDeleteThe pie was great - pastry not soggy, real steak and big slices of mushroom.
Delete