I even had time to get out my Arpege perfume and my Amber necklace and earrings (although I'm not sure they really go with my Aliens t-shirt).
Left home this Afternoon (12.01p.m.) and headed for the bus stop for my first Adventure with my Opal Card - phew it works. In fact all the connections worked like a charm, less that a minute to wait for the train at Bankstown, and only a couple of minutes to wait at Redfern (yes I know that is the long way round, but I just had to travel Anti-clockwise, plus it gave me more time to read my novel). Next stop Ashfield.
Wandered west down the main street, past the lovely old Presbyterian church, and back to have lunch at Shanghai Nights - Asian Soup (I guess chicken and corn soup qualifies?) & their famous fried pork dumplings - mmmmm! Thanks for the suggestion Alison.
After lunch I headed east up the main strip, and back down the other side past the Uniting Church (where Bill Crews runs the Exodus Foundation) with its inspirational quote over the door. Only spotted a couple of Art Deco buildings, one quite grubby and the other hiding under blue paint. Speaking of paint, the shops are quite a rainbow of colours.
Got a fresh Apple juice to keep me going (thanks for the suggestion Jenni), all those discount shops take some walking around. The final stop was of course Afternoon tea, before heading back to the station to head home via Lidcombe this time (had to keep travelling Anti-clockwise).
Altogether An Awesome Adventure At Ashfield





Spent some time wandering around Ashfield when my daughter used to live there 2001-03. Love the narrow back streets!
ReplyDelete