Friday, 20 February 2015

"R is for Rockdale"

R is definitely a Red-letter day – no problem choosing which colour, just which Red t-shirt? (unless I wear one of my Red dresses), which Red earrings? which Red hat? which Red shoes? You get the idea.
Hit the Road to drive to Rockdale today as I was coming back to Bankstown for a lunch with friends. Reached Rockdale and parked behind the Rockdale Town Hall, a lovely Art Deco structure built in 1940.

Refreshment time at Boscetto was a Raspberry friand with my coffee, and thus Refreshed I had time to Reconnoitre a discount store and the Vinnies before hitting the Road back to Bankstown.

We interrupt our Regular programming….

Repetitive elevator music… 

Tall and tan and young and lovely the girl from Ipanema goes walking and when she passes, each one she passes goes aah….  
Tall and tan and young and lovely the girl from Ipanema goes walking and when she passes, each one she passes goes aah….    Tall and tan and young and lovely the girl from Ipanema goes walking and when she passes, each one she passes goes aah….

We now Return Readers to our Regular programs…


Having Returned to Rockdale it was time to Reconnoitre the other discount store, Post Office and the Remaining two op shops (Smith Family and Anglicare), as well as spotting some lovely Art Deco pubs.

Ready to Return to my car when I Remembered having spotted a shoe shop across the Road when I first drove over the Railway line. Dicksons Shoes have been there for 53 years, and what should I see in their window but a Red multicolored pair of CC Resorts elastic shoes.
Radiant Rockdale

1 comment: