Up a bit late
last night (surprise, surprise) so Up a bit late this morning. Hey, I am on
holidays after all.
Wore my blue
t-shirt as it is the closest thing I own to Ultramarine, even though it will
clash a little with my Unakite necklace and earings.
Up and at the
day, Up the stairs of the bus, Up the stairs at the station, Up the stairs in
the train, Up the escalator at the end of the Underpass to Railway Square. This
day is looking Up already and I haven’t even got to Ultimo.
First stop the
ABC and their café for a rather Unusual, Unexpected, Unique mint slice with my
coffee. It wasn’t a mint slice, it was a green coconut slice.
My poor feet
were taking Umbrage at my new shoes so it was a slow walk Up the Undulating
footpath of Harris Street to Ultimo’s other landmark the Powerhouse Museum.
Saw two Utterly
wonderful exhibits. Firstly "A Fine Possession" which is an exhibition that celebrates
the central place of jewellery in our lives, from antiquity to the present-day. It includes some Unusual “gems” such as
beetles legs and hummingbird wings.
Up to the Black
Star Pastry Café for a late lunch – the Ubiquitous steak sandwich and a Lemmy
lemonade.
Back to the the "Recollect" area which is currently displaying over 800 shoes from their wonderful shoe collection, which they started in 1942
by buying the Joseph Box Collection in England.
My Upset feet
meant I will have to come back and have a second look at both exhibits,
especially since the “Undressed: 350 Years of Underwear in
Fashion” exhibition doesn’t open until the end of March.
Uniquely Ultimo



How wonderful, Karen! To say I will be Un-enthused when you arrive at the suburb of Z to know I have come to the end. Its given me the utmost of joys to read of your sojourns to the suburbs of the Alphabet. An amazing holiday itinerary indeed! I thank you, sincerely! Erina
ReplyDelete