Not Having anything in Honey or Heliotrope to wear I almost wore the HRH shirt from my trip to Honolulu today, but as it really an Aloha shirt* not a Hawaiian shirt* I settled instead on my Hibiscus Hawaiian shirt instead. Completed the outfit with my lovely gold Hibiscus necklace and earings from the Night Market in Honolulu, and my slippahs* from Scotts of Hawaii.
… Hmmm, maybe today should have been "H is for Honolulu"?
Remembered my Hat to protect my poor sunburnt Head, and some lovely Honey Hand cream. Just realised I forgot to wear my Heaven Sent vintage perfume.
I Hurried to the bus-top to Hail my local Hackney* (okay so it was really the bus) and Hopped on board to brave the trip over all those speed Humps to Hurstville.
First I Hunted out some bargains at the Hurstville Discount Shop, the Japanese Shop and The Smith Family shop. I even Happened to spot some lovely Art Deco buildings including the handsome Hurstville Ritz Hotel. Hunger final sent me on the Hunt for a Hamburger and Hot chocolate.
My Hunger assuaged I Headed off once more in the Hunt for bargains at the Vinnies shop and the discount shop in Half of the old Coles building where I used to go shopping with Mum when I was little (scene of the Harrowing "lost purse" incident but that is another story). Hurried off to catch the bus Home again, to the bus-stop that is now a mere Hop, skip and a jump from Home Sweet Home and my two Hungry kitties.
Happy Hurstville Hunting
* Aloha shirts vs Hawaiian shirts? what we call Hawaiian shirts the Hawaiians call Aloha shirts, so I have decided to classify those in my collection made in Hawaii as Aloha shirts, and those made elsewhere as Hawaiian shirts
* slippahs/slippers? what the Hawaiians call thongs
* hackney/hack/hackney carriage? a carriage or automobile for hire i.e. a taxi




No comments:
Post a Comment