Monday, 16 February 2015

"N is for Newtown"

Naturally I couldn't go out in my Negligee today, Nor was I going to wear Navy (the only Navy I have is my work uniform), so I settled for Neutrals. 
Thus Nattily attired I Navigated my way to the bustop to Negotiate my way by bus and train to Newtown, plenty of time to read my Novel. In Need of a cuppa I stopped for Nosh at Cafe 2042 - Nice rhubarb tart with my coffee as I Nestled in comfort in their lounge.

Wandered south from the station and into All Buttons Great and Small - wow! If you ever Need a button they will No doubt be able to supply it. They even had a whole section of alphabet buttons, and a dozing cat.

Newtown is "Retro" and "Vintage" clothing Nirvanah there are so many shops - even a vintage camera shop that stocks this thing called "film" should you ever Need it. Looked across the road at one point and there were three Nifty "Vintage" shops almost in a row.
As my stomach was starting to Niggle at me I hopped on a bus for a couple of blocks (love that Opal card) back to Corelli's Cafe to put the Nosebag on. My throat was starting to Niggle too so I ordered a hot lemon and ginger drink, and the Nice waitress came back to see if I would like raspberries in it too. Naturally I said "Yes please". Just to try something New I had Nachos with crispy bacon - very Nice.
The Next few hours were spent wandering south down King Street Negotiating my way in and out of book shops, a discount shop, collectables shops, Vintage clothing shops, Retro clothing shops, an Indian clothes shop, Fijian market, Red Cross op shop, Retro homewares shops and that was only the southern half of King Street. One confused building didn't know if it was in St Peters or "Nudown" - No wonder I was in Need of another coffee.
From the Sydney Park Hotel at one end of King Street (so Near to the brickyards where my dearly departed Dad once worked) I grabbed a bus to the other end to finish off with a wander around Gould's Book Arcade. The rest of North Newtown would have to wait as I took my Niggling feet back home for the Night. 


Navigating Natty Newtown

1 comment: