As I’m not a
Silver girl it was my Sage Shift today, though it was a Suitable day for my Silver jewellery, Such as it is. As Sweet as my little Silver owl is, with the
Year of the Sheep almost upon us I had to wear my Silver Chinese Symbols, I
did add the Silver brooch I got at a Silversmiths Shop in Thailand many years
ago. A Spritz of vintage Heaven Sent and I was ready to Set out for Sydney
town.
Seeing as the
buses were on the Saturday timetable it was “Shank’s pony” to the Station. Felt Slightly Sentimental as I Slipped past my old high School in the train, then
past the Site of the brickyards at St Peters where I would always proudly Say
“that’s where my Daddy works”, then Speeding past Erskinville Station where Mum
and I would Step off to get a bus to the Children’s Hospital.
As I hit
“Sunny” Sydney, I Stuck with the Sentimental journey theme and Slipped into
Woolworths to Step on the moving Staircases up to the café. Now a Sadly empty Shell of its former Self, I had little trouble claiming what were once the
prized Seats by the window to look out over the QVB and Sydney Town Hall.
I remember
feeling So grown up having a pot of coffee with Mum when I was a teenager, but
with an espresso machine there now, I had to Settle for tea to have a Silver pot
on my tray with my Saran wrapped apple Strudel.
I avoided the Steamy Sidewalks for the Subterranean route back through the Station and the
QVB, window Shopping in and out of Kikki K, Campo Marzio Design, Kitten D’Amour,
Pylones Shop etc., etc., etc. Stopped for a few Seconds to watch the Skilled Sweet-makers at Suga.
Finally
emerged into Myers perfume department, Surrounded by Solicitous Saleswomen everywhere ready to Spritz you with Such Sweet Scents. Soon my head was Swimming So it was time for
a Sojourn in Dymocks Café, with Soup of the day (minestrone) and Sourdough
bread, followed by Scones.
Sauntered
across town via the Strand Arcade to the State Library of NSW to See their
exhibitions. Shopkeepers of Newtown was quite apt having just been there on
Monday. Pulp confidential was Scintillating with its Startling and Scandalous
cover art of Scantily clad women.
However the Star of the Show was the Lynley Dodd Retrospective – 59 original drawings of
Hairy Maclary, Slinky Malinki, Scarface Claw, Schnitzel Von Krumm and their
friends, not to mention other works including her first ever drawing at art School. Soon it was time for the library to close and for me to Start the
journey back to my own Home Sweet Home.
Sentimental Sydney Sojourn


No comments:
Post a Comment