Thursday, 19 February 2015

"Q is for Queens Park"

Quite a puzzle what to wear for “Q” - I decided to aim for Quirky. Of course it is a fine line between being seen as Quirky and being seen as "Queer in the head". Socks with my new shoes – Quirky. Earings in two different colours – Quirky. Wearing two different perfumes at once – Quirky (though not as Quirky as you may think, as women used to layer perfumes before they were mass produced).
Quickly out the door and across the road for the bus to Punchbowl to get the train to Bondi Junction (it didn't even cost me a Quid as I have made 8 trips already this week). A Queue for the escalator and I was set to walk to Queens Park Shed Café in Queens Park (the park) in Queens Park (the suburb). Just as well it’s on the Darley Road side of the park and not the Queens Park Road side or it would be even more repetitive.
A lovely walk through a Quiet, leafy suburb with the Quintessential terraced houses and Quaint cottages. Not Quite so Quiet heading across the park as there was a school sports event in full flight.

No Quiche or Quail on the menu at Queens Park Shed so I settled for a really nice local mushroom and haloumi burger. The chips were Quite good too, so was the glass of bubbles. I just loved the Quirky use of old card catalogue drawers to supply me with my cutlery and salt and pepper.

What could be nicer that to sit on a comfy bench, with a view of the city, reading my book. It was so comfy that I decided to stay for coffee and a cookie too. 
Sadly I finally had to say goodbye to Queens Park Shed and head home, tackling a few more Queues at the stations on the way.

Quixotic Queens Park

No comments:

Post a Comment